Upside is a not-for-profit organization working in partnership with villages in Nepal to develop enterprise that supports community education and health services.
- Action Apples Project – The Ghiling Apple Orchard, Ghiling, Mustang Region, Nepal
- A self-sustaining K-8th grade school that no longer relies on international funding.
- Support the local economy by providing jobs to locals in the community.
Upside is working in partnership with the Rotary Club of Bay View Claremont, Maitri Ratna Nepal and the Ghiling community to transform 8 hectares of unused community land into a profitable apple orchard that supports the running costs of Shree Jana Jyoti K-8th Primary School and boarding school in Ghiling Nepal. 1500 apple seedlings have been planted. The first apple harvest goes to market is November 2016.
- Tuck Shop Lunch project – Makai Khola, Kaski District, Nepal
- Increase student attendance at Janakalyan School in Makai Khola.
- Provide a healthy daily meal and nutrition education for students.
A 5-day a week lunch program run by the local women’s group in collaboration with the primary school teachers. This program is being trialled to explore the impact of the lunch program on school attendance at Janakalyan School.
D9455 contact: Debbie Cash (Bay View Claremont), 0447 580 9994, (firstname.lastname@example.org)